Every consultation project we undertake is unique and requires an individual assessment and response. What is common to all projects is matching the skills of our group of consultants to best meet the needs of our clients. Through briefings, consultation and first-hand visits we gain a full understanding of the issues to consider. Research of critical and current industry data from respected sources, engagement with relevant stakeholders and analysis of comparable business scenarios are all part of the processes we undertake for assembling an informed report with practical solutions.
Visit Queensland's dedicated team administers the Accredited Visitor Information Centre (AVIC) Programme to 108 AVICs in Queensland on behalf of Tourism and Events Queensland including network development where required. The Tourism Group performs the same role under contract to Destination New South Wales for the 155 AVICs located in that State.
The Tourism Group has also partnered with the Queensland Tourism Industry Council and the Chamber of Commerce in New South Wales to undertake the assessment of accommodation properties participating in the Star Ratings Australia scheme. Star Ratings is an internationally recognised symbol for quality accommodation standards. They are used in more than 70 countries worldwide and reflect the cleanliness, quality and condition of guest facilities. A property's Star Rating is assessed by our inspectors using a computer program involving over 200 criteria developed from feedback from Australian travellers of their accommodation priorities.
The Tourism Group offers a range of services across our industry from a diverse range of employees and resources to assist with the hosting of media, influencers and broadcast programmes. These include but are not limited to:
- Multi-lingual staff and ambassadors - our team currently provides a complement of 17 languages including Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Korean, Taiwanese, Malay, Portuguese, Dutch, Finnish, Welsh, German, Russian, French, Italian and Pigeon English
- Meet and Greet services at Brisbane Airport’s International and Domestic Arrival and Departures gates can be arranged, assisted by our staff and Airport Ambassadors.
- Our company is contracted by the Brisbane Airport Corporation to provide visitor services for all arriving international flights every day of the year. In the Arrivals Hall at the Brisbane International Terminal our staff manage the Accredited Visitor Information Centre (AVIC) adjacent to the exit from Immigration and Customs. At the Domestic Terminal our staff are located at the AVIC in the common-user terminal from 7am to 7pm daily. Both locations can be used as touch-points by arriving famil guests and are an ideal location to receive documentation, tickets and any other information or advice when commencing their famil.
We work with a range of tourism operators throughout Queensland promoting and selling their products, services and experiences through our online booking system at visitqueensland.com.au. Their products are featured in our accommodation 'STAY' and tours and activities 'PLAY' categories of the site.
With a travel editor, photographer and publisher as part of our team of directors we can assist with the writing, design and production of a range of printed and online collateral and resources:
- Visitor Guides, brochures and touring guides
- Fact Sheets on local themed trails and experiences
- Background briefings for visiting journalists
- Research and writing of a suite of media-ready articles and press releases from complete destination features to specific themes such as food and wine, events, interviews with local characters, arts and culture, seasonal highlights and adventure experiences.